We are simulogics (https://simulogics.games), a small independent game studio located in Germany. We craft simulation games for experts.
Right now, we are looking for a new team member to be the steward of the communities around both our existing and future titles, with a focus on AirlineSim (https://airlinesim.aero). You will be in charge of growing and nourishing these communities with the goal of keeping them as friendly, safe and creative as they are today.
This is not an entry level position, but we are open to a wide range of diverse candidates from a variety of professional and personal backgrounds. If you doubt some of your qualifications, please get in touch with us and apply anyway.
Since we are a small distributed team, you’ll be able to work on your own schedule and from wherever you like. But with freedom comes great responsibility: You need to be reliable, creative and self-motivated. Think you got what it takes to rock our CM department? Then get in touch!
Please note that this position can only be offered to candidates residing in Germany and employable under German jurisdiction. Freelance or outsourcing contracts are not an option!
- Communicate with our players via Discord, forums, social media, e-mail, our websites and within the games to provide help and support, avoid and moderate conflicts and keep our communities safe, enjoyable and overall friendly places.
- Gather feedback from our players and convert it into actionable input for our developers and game designers.
- Review, document and constantly optimize our support and on-boarding processes.
- Support our development team in preparing comprehensive documentation for our games that is helpful to new and veteran players alike.
- Manage teams of volunteers in areas like community support and translation.
- Organize community events, both on- and offline.
- Research data that can be used in future updates/versions of AirlineSim.
- You are fluent in German and English, both spoken and written.
- You possess excellent communication skills and a strong desire to put them to use.
- You have a background and/or experience in communications, community management, customer service or similar fields.
- You are aware of and are able to master the challenges of getting things done in a completely remote environment, without the oversight of a direct manager or any other job specific manager, setting your own goals and managing your own time.
- Your workflow is well developed, structured and you can even teach a thing or two about your job to the team.
- You are a positive, nice and friendly person that enjoys working in a team with others and are a general pleasure to be around.
- You enjoy complex and challenging simulation games.
- Nice-to-have: You have a general interest in (civil) aviation.
- Lots of creative freedom and responsibility
- Work from home (or from wherever you like) and on your own schedule
- Be part of a small and tight-knit team with a no-bullshit attitude
- Ability to work part-time (anything between 50% and 100%)
- Long-term engagement: Permanent contract after trial period
Sounds good to you? Then don’t hesitate to send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your salary expectations and a quick overview of the work you’ve done in the past. We are looking forward to meeting you!